Conducting Fellowship is a program for young Indonesian conductors. Started in 2016, every year Maestro Robert Nordling selects two to three Conducting Fellows to participate in this year-long program. This is a great opportunity to boost the young conductors' career.
Conducting Fellowship Application, Season 4: 2018 – 2019
Application Deadline : May 31, 2018
Announcement : June 30, 2018
Activities and responsibilities of the participants of the Conducting Fellowship.
Those who are chosen as participants will work actively and directly with the members of Bandung Philharmonic and the Music Director for the concerts that are prepared in the fourth season (2018 – 2019). Activities include:
- Conducting masterclass with the members of Bandung Philharmonic and the Music Director, Robert Nordling.
- Discussion sessions with the Music Director and other chosen fellows who also work individually with the Music Director
- Repertory and material preparation, and an opportunity to rehearse and perform together with Bandung Philharmonic. The opportunity to perform together with Bandung Philharmonic will be based on Maestro Robert Nordling’s assessment on each individual participant.
- Seminar and other topics regarding learning to be a conductor.
- Conductors aged 35 and below are eligible to apply.
- Please fill in the following form.
- Participants may attach samples of program, review, or any other supporting documents.
- Participants are required to attach 2 (two) letters of recommendation from teachers, performers, or other conductors.
- Participants are required to send a video recording sample, showing their conducting with a performing music group. The video must be raw (unedited video), and in a standard digital format (Mp4, YouTube, etc.). The video recording must show the conductor, which means that position of the camera is behind the musicians. The length of the video must not exceed 15 minutes. We prefer having the most recent video, showing the participants’ latest conducting style, rather than the old ones.
- Participants are required to attach the list of works that have been performed before, which have been rehearsed as well, including the ones that are still in the ongoing process of rehearsing.
Participants are required to pay a Rp. 1.000.000,- (one million) registration fee before May 31, 2018 to the following bank account:
BCA 0085777730 a/n Yayasan Bandung Philharmonic.
*Registration fee is non-refundable
- Transfer slip and all required materials are to be sent via e-mail, at the latest by May 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any information regarding Bandung Philharmonic Conducting Fellow 2018 will be announced via e-mail, social media, and website on May 31, 2018.
- The chosen fellows are required to attend all Bandung Philharmonic 2018 schedule for a thorough and utmost learning experience. Bandung Philharmonic does not provide accomodation and transportation.
- Participants who are not accepted into the Conducting Fellow program will receive an invitation to see the rehearsal process.
Selamat kepada Wishnu Pamungkas Dewanta atas terpilihnya menjadi Asisten Pengaba Musim 3 : 2018-2019.
Congratulations to the Conducting Fellows of Bandung Philharmonic Season 2017 :
- Kevin Atmadja
- Muhammad Aji Priandaka
- Wishnu Dewanta
Congratulations to the Conducting Fellows of Bandung Philharmonic Season 2016 :
- Marisa Sharon Hartanto
- Victor Murdowo
- Fauzie Wiriadisastra